1. Airline responsibility: The airline responsibility is regulated by the Warsaw Treaty
2. Travel Agency Responsibility: The travel agency is not responsible for any injury or loss that the traveller may experience as a result of terrorist attacks, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction difficulties, diseases, local regulations/ laws, environmental conditions, abnormal conditions or developments or other actions, omissions or conditions beyond the agency’s control. The traveller voluntarily takes over the responsibility (with his participation to the package travel) all dangers related to the trip. The traveller is informed for the relevant dangers, and he/ she is consulted to secure a travel insurance against these. The receipt of the ticket, after issuance, is a proof of consent and acceptance of the above for himself/ herself as well as the people travelling with him/her.
3. Travellers’ Responsibility: Travellers are responsible for the securement of the travel documents needed to travel (passport, entry visa, vaccination, etc). They are also responsible for the securement and report of their foreign currency and other objects at the customs. They are finally responsible for their early arrival at the airports and meeting places of the travel itinerary.
4. Air fares: The air fares are subject to the special terms and conditions based on which they are issued at the given moment in the context of the travel package, the general transportation terms written on the ticket, the international treaties, and the Law of the Republic of Cyprus.
5. Hotels: The choice of hotels is made according to their location, their rates and category (stars). The category mentioned is the official one of the countries they belong to. The rooms during costing are always DBL / TWN ones, TRPL rooms must be requested and quoted accordingly, SGL supplement can be given extra and SGL rooms are limited and will be served upon priority.
Check in time is usually at 14.00 and check out time at 11.00 regardless of the arrival / departure flight time. Rooms may be requested earlier or later than the indicated times above at an extra cost. Our agency holds the right to replace the hotel mentioned, if a problem occurs, as long as the replacement is of the same category and in the same location. Extra services like babysitting, room service, water sports, tennis courts, gym etc can be arranged at an extra cost at the hotel.
Some services may seasonally be withdrawn like open air restaurants and open swimming pools during the winter months. We put every effort in warning the traveller in advance of these withdrawals but there are no guarantees.
6. Meal basis: The meal basis is the one mentioned on the itinerary which is usually breakfast unless ‘room only’ is stated and in the case of a package trip some other meals during the programme. We put every effort in providing the best quality and quantity of the offered meals, but our agency may not be hold reliable for any insufficiency on these.
7. Excursions: The excursions included are in our opinion, the most important ones for a beginner at each destination. Included are only the ones mentioned as included in the itinerary and not as suggested.
8. Deposit: With the confirmation of all services on behalf of our agency, we request a 40% of the total travel package amount as a deposit and full payment at least 2 weeks prior to the departure date. The reservation is only guaranteed once the deposit has been settled.
9. Cancellation: For any cancellation to be valid, the reason of cancellation must be sent in writing to our agency and will be subject to the cancellation policy of each hotel and each airline at the given moment. If the cancellation occurs at the week prior to the departure date, then the travel agency serves the right to keep the planning/ service fee of the agency for office expenses.
10. Issuance of entry visa for the destination out of Cyprus: In the remote case where the passports must be sent abroad for the issuance of an entry visa due to the lack of embassy or consulate office in Cyprus, the traveller will be charged with the expenses of having his/ her passport sent abroad and returned to the point of origin, Cyprus. Our agency will not be held responsible if an entry visa is not secured. The role of the Agency is only consultative in this.
11. Complaints: In the case of a complaint, the traveller must notify our agency, during the travelling period. The notification must firstly be made to the local representative in the country so that an effort can be made to satisfy the traveller while there. After the return of the traveller, a complaint may not be accepted, as our local representative may not be able to act once the clients have left the country. In the case where a problem has not been solved while there, then the traveller has 10 days from the return date, to notify our agency.
12. Money returns: Applications on money returns for unused services or any other reason, must be sent in writing to our agency, the latest in 10 days from the return date and be accompanied with the relevant justification documents. Applications that are not accompanied by the relevant justification documents, will not be taken into consideration.
13. Included Services: The cost of a travel package includes all services that are mentioned and referred to as ‘Included’. Personal expenses and anything that is mentioned as suggested, is not included.
14. Execution of the travel itinerary: Our agency puts every effort in executing the travel itineraryas accurately as possible. Unpredicted facts may affect the execution and the accuracy, resulting in minor or major changes during the travel time. If a major change occurs that affects the substance of the itinerary, then the participant has the right to cancel his participation without any cost. If the change, however, is considered a must during the travel time in case of force majeure, the participant has the obligation to comply and may be charged with the cost that will occur because of such a change. Possible departure or arrival time changes from morning to afternoon and vice versa, are not considered significant changes of the itinerary and reason to cancel the trip.
15. Child rates: Children 2-12 (that have not completed their 12 th year) are entitled to discount onair fares and hotel accommodation, not so much on the rest of land arrangements i.e transfers etc. The discount on hotel accommodation is in the case of 1 child sharing parents’ room in an
16. Cost of Travel Packages: The cost of a travel package has been based on a. the special air/ cruisefares and cost of fuel as at 1/1 of the current year b. the airport / port taxes as at 1/1 of the current year and the rate of exchange of the foreign currency to euro as at 1/1 of the current
17. Change of the package price: Any price changes in the factors of paragraph 16, may increase the cost of the travel package. In the case of minor price changes that occur due to an air fare change or a rate of exchange change, does not justify the free cancellation of the trip. The participant will be charged with any extra airport taxes or air fare changes that will be justifiably implemented by the airlines or airport authorities after the issuance of the travel brochure.
18. Luggage: Every traveller is entitled to one piece of luggage up to 23 kg and one handbag or back pack of 8 kg included in the cost of the travel package.
19. Travellers with special needs: Our agency is at your disposal to meet the requirements of
travellers with special needs by informing the airline or the hotel of this. Travellers, however, should consider that many destinations may not provide even the simplest service like ramps, lifts etc. The traveller must notify the agency of the special need so that we make sure we do
the best in our power to do so.
20. Recommended travel insurance: The travel agency recommends that travellers should consider making a travel insurance for the coverage of any accidents, medical expenses, loss or delay of luggage etc at an extra cost.
21. Bank Guarantee for Travel Agency’s Liability: Our agency has a bank guarantee via the Association of Travel Agents to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and is insured on the basis of the law 51(1)/98 that the traveller is covered and may be repatriated in case of the
agency’s bankruptcy or insolvency.
22. Acceptance of the terms and conditions of the participation: The confirmation of the reservation and the payment of the deposit on behalf of the traveller, means the simultaneous and without caution acceptance of the above terms and conditions, for his/ her participation to the trip.